Sunday 17 June 2012

How do you pack for a year?


The most common question I got, after what are you doing in South Africa (by the way, I'm going to be supervising ABA programs for 4 children with autism), was how are you going to pack for a year?  So this is my first post, complete with pictures, about my packing.  

I guess the answer is slowly (I organized things over the course of a few days), carefully, and knowing that I could not bring everything I wanted.  Also knowing that most things I want could be bought in South Africa was helpful.


Everything laid out ready to be put in my two suitcases and duffel bag.

The things that didn't make the cut.  Not too much left!

Everything I brought.  Not pictured: clothes I am wearing, and camera.







Now all I need is for my checked bags to come in tomorrow and I'll be set!

P.S. Blog name credit goes to Dan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment