Tuesday 7 August 2012

Snow in Africa!

Today a cold front hit Joburg and it snowed!  I did not think that it would ever snow here, and definitely not in the city.  It didn't stay on the ground where I work or where I live, but it did in other areas of Joburg.  My coworker kindly sent me some pictures of her house and the snow on the ground there.  She had a snowball fight and said it was her first time playing in the snow.  Another man on the radio on the drive home said it was his first time feeling snow.  When it started snowing at work, being the excellent therapists that we are, we took it as a learning opportunity to teach the kids about snow.  Unfortunately the therapists were far more excited about the snow than the kids and it didn't really snow consistently enough to get the tact really solid (or to be able to deliver it as a reinforcer).  Maybe if it snows again tomorrow!


Snow!  And palm trees!  And my car!

Catherine and Roz in the snow

Evidence.  This is the most that stayed on the ground at work, and it was gone after a few minutes.
Picture of Roz's yard (or garden, as South Africans would say)



1 comment: