Tuesday 23 October 2012

Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens - Spring Edition

I visited the botanical gardens again this Saturday to see what had changed since my last visit.  As you'll see in my sweet collage pictures (thank you Rachel for telling me about instacollage), it is a LOT more green here now.  Unfortunately that means a lot more rainy as well.  I'm not sure what kind of climate I was expecting when coming here (besides some idea of average temperatures), but I guess maybe because I arrived in winter when everything was brown and dry, I'm surprised every day by the green grass, trees, and flowers. Hopefully I'll be able to visit the gardens again in summer to see what else has changed.

Walking path comparison

Top: Below and above the waterfall in winter; Bottom: Below and above the waterfall in spring

Some wildflowers on my walk

"Look my dear, a little frog"

No comments:

Post a Comment