Sunday 10 March 2013

Sick Again

So I'm sick again, mostly just a sore throat this time and I'm hoping it will go away soon.  Because of this, I didn't get up to much this weekend.  I spent most of Saturday resting, reading, and watching TV.  I did try a South African remedy for sore throats though.  I'm not sure if it's actually South African, but I did obtain it from a South African so... possibly.  Anyway it consists of a cup of milk heated up, with two cloves of garlic, a tablespoon of butter, and a tablespoon of honey.  I know it sounds disgusting, but it's not actually that bad.  Mostly it just tastes like garlic so if you like garlic, it tastes fine.  It definitely does soothe the throat immediately, and for about two hours afterwards.  Still haven't tried the other suggested remedy: finely chopped onion with a spoon of sugar.  If I still feel like this tomorrow though, I might just have to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment