Sunday 9 December 2012

Sick

This weekend I was not feeling so lekker (nice, or in this case, well).  I did manage to make it to the Taste of Christmas though yesterday.  If you remember from my Holiday Week blog, I went to the Taste of Joburg at the end of September.  This was similar, but with less restaurants selling cooked food and more stands selling gifts.  I did however get to try a super springbok burger and some excellent eggnog ice cream.  I also found some pumpkin ale and bought some immediately.  I was definitely missing that this "fall" (or spring as it were).  Actually I was missing all pumpkin flavoured things in general.  The man selling it asked me if I'd had it before and I said I hadn't had this one specifically.  He of course knew I came from North America and that there are plenty pumpkin flavoured beers there.  I thanked him profusely for something I thought I would miss out on this year.  Unfortunately the brewery is located in Cape Town and only distributes to bars and liquor stores in that area.  Before leaving, I had a glass of red wine.  My friend Roz had the German measles (rubella) a couple weeks ago and said the symptoms I was showing were similar to the ones she had just before the rash started.  She said that the "African" way to determine if you have the measles is to drink a glass of red wine because the rash will come to the skin surface the next day if you do have it.  Thankfully I haven't broke out in a rash so I'm hoping that means I definitely don't have the measles.  Before leaving I bought two cupcakes (orange/mango and double chocolate) from Roz's cousin to take home.  They were both delicious.

Other than that, my weekend has mostly consisted of watching movies and taking naps, besides the huge hail/thunderstorm today. 

Hail in my garden

No comments:

Post a Comment